For more information on the insurance industry, please check out the following sources:
- Insurance Information Institute (III) - III is a primary source of insurance information and analysis for the media, regulatory organizations, universities and the public. III is funded by member insurance companies.
- American Insurance Association (AIA) - a trade organization focused on public policy issues related to insurance. AIA represents more than 435 property and casualty insurance companies.
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) - an independent, non-profit, scientific and educational organization dedicated to reducing the losses - deaths, injuries and property damage - from crashes on the nation's highways. The Institute is wholly supported by auto insurers.
- Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America (IIABA) - the nation's oldest and largest national association of independent insurance agents and brokers, representing more than 300,000 agents and brokers nationally.
- Washington Insurance Council (WIC) - a non-profit, consumer education organization funded by member insurance companies in Washington state.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) - works under guidance of the U.S. Department of Transportation and annually collects crash statistics from 50 states and the District of Columbia to produce the annual report on traffic fatality trends.
- National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) - a non-profit organization that receives support from approximately 1,000 property and casualty insurance companies. The NICB partners with insurers and law enforcement agencies to facilitate the identification, detection and prosecution of insurance criminals.